It is that time again. Time to make a change. Set out goals and ambitions for 2017.
I always hate picking just a thing to change or do, often because I fail or slip up as it is often too difficult or complicated and so I just get frustrated and give up. Why just one BIG thing? Why not a few smaller things?
So I have decided to make lot's of small changes as I go through the year and not beat myself up if I can not do them all, but celebrate the ones I do complete or accomplish. If I fail once, or twice or thirty times, I still have thousand of small other chances to try again!
Isn't that better?
So here is a list of things that spring to mind today 1st Jan 2017 of things I would like to change, do, see and try...
- Get outside more
- Meditation - let's do it everyday
- Yoga - start documenting my process and go to class every week.
- Don't get down, frustrated or upset when I am ill or under the weather - My body is doing the best it can!
- Take breaks
- Go to Paris
- Go to a London NFL game
- Listen to more music
- Read more - less online stuff thou
- Eat less sugar
- Buy art, music and craft art I love - support fellow small and independant artists
- See more of my friends
- Draw EVERYDAY - even if it small
- Go back to Screenprinting
- Be kind, Forgive, Slow down
- Be grateful
- Be happy - see the good in everyday things
- Fill of office wall with inspiration
- Try and write more
- Take up a new hobby - pottery?
- Work on the house
- Go diving again - its been years!
I shall keep adding as the year goes on. Let's see where this goes!
To make a start here is a link to one of my favourite "remix" artists Pogo and his new album. This link takes you to one of my favourite tracks. I have downloaded his album via Bandamp. If you like what you hear why don't you? You pay what you want to pay... how much would you give?
Another thing I want to do is to fill my office wall with inspiration - So I will start buying a few prints, postcards from my etsy favourite lists! One of which is this amazing work by Andsmile. I love her style and use or colour. It is in the basket, and when a few other shop reopen in the year I shall make a group purchase as fill my office with colour!
There, a start has been made!
Do you have any wishes, resolutions, goals for 2017? Why not share them with me... I would love to here, help or even support you on achieving them!